“The King will reply, Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40
Hours of Operation Regular Distribution
1st and 3rd Saturday of the Month
10:00 am to 12 noon
Express Distribution 2nd and 4th Thursday of the Month
4 pm to 5pm
“The Hut” (across the street from the church)
784 McDonald Street, Simpson, NC 27879
About the Pantry
The Salem United Methodist Church (UMC) and its United Methodist Women (UMW) are sponsoring a food pantry for families in the surrounding community: Simpson and Grimesland, but, also some other parts of Pitt County. The mission is to deliver nutritious food to persons who are homebound, experiencing an emergency food need, unemployed, working poor, Backpack Pals families, or school age children with no access to summer feeding programs in eastern Pitt County.
We are in partnership with the Food Bank of Eastern and Central North Carolina, The Emergency Food Assistance Program, and a Retail Recovery Program with Food Lion. In addition we are supported by food and monetary donations from Salem United Methodist Church and its members.
• Participants must live in Pitt County
• Verification of residency must be made with driver’s license, picture ID or current utility bill.
• Registration form must be completed.
• Must meet poverty level by proof of receipt of food stamps, verification of food stamps pending, or reporting income.
Food Pantry Needs
Whole Grain Pasta
Diapers, Wipes, Formula &
Dry Infant cereal
Sugar-free pudding cups
Small protein items
How Can You Help?
• Make a food donation
• Sponsor a food drive/collection
• Make financial contributions
• Volunteer your time to help deliver/stock/etc.
• Grow extra fresh vegetables in your gardens to donate
Food Ministry Committee
Linda Marsal, Chair
Marsha Tripp, Food Drives
Sandy Cohoon, Backpack Pals
Rebecca McLawhorn, UMW Representative
Joyce Owens, Retail Recovery
Martha Allmon, Gardens/Farms
April Reed, Brochures & Flyers
Randy Hardee, Trustees
Bradley Williams, Pastor